Sunday, May 17, 2015

It's 10:00

It was an hour ago I awoke.  In my sleep I fear things. He's warm but not warm enough.  So I lay closer to him . I rest my head on his chest and stare. He's asleep but I can feel his disapproval.  " That's weird , Ebonni." In my head I apologize and look down shame.  I can feel his lungs working on my hands.  Up and down.  Wind is blowing.  The sun isn't bright today. The summer heat still fills the room. He's strong. I rub his stomach.  He has muscles on his tummy.  I play the keys.  This is bliss. The hairs tickle my ear. My heart strings. I smile and move closer.  I squeeze tightly for a second.  Ah. What a dream while I'm awake. What a nightmare yesterday was. I get so afraid sometimes. I sing " Melt With You ". The world has stopped .  I sink in the depth. Nothing matters. He moves. I'm offended by the gesture a bit.  I position myself to fit his. I'm safe again.  I play with curls in his hair.  My hair is in there!  Get out, you don't belong. I see a gray I think.  It could be my imagination.  My excitement to be held by a boy, age 23. I don't kiss you while you're asleep , love. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Enjoy the passion when you're awake.  I can't help myself. I gaze again.  He's beautiful. Lips, full as the moon. I fall harder.  I want the cheeks.  "You're the most beautiful man to ever lay next to me", I think.  I believe the Egyptians would be proud.  Nose of Thutmose.  Defined features of a mahogany man. You smell bad.  I'm sure it's because it's the morning.  I don't mind.  I breathed in . I laugh at myself. I lay my legs on you. You said something about my thighs. I said I hated them and you didn't.  For a moment you rise and pull me close. I can find no wrong with you at rest. I believe you are at your best.  Dream good things , sweet.  I'll wait until you're done. I like someone.

1 comment:

  1. *The lady author, Goddyssey writes me on FB.*
    Goddyssey's spirit underneath her prideful words uttered

    "Hey, do you remember that story I wrote about us."
    Of course a man always forgets. The woman send him a reminder, he clicks the link to read the memory of "What Once Was."

    It was about a lover's quarrel with a fellow authors.

    Underneath the pride of the male author, his spirit said to Goddyssey's...

    "The author apologizes to the woman for not being understanding. His feet used to ache from a low wage job without advancement. Unemployment is rough. His feet ached. His back aches. For a awhile now. And then the Lioness screams at him for a reason he unfortunately forgot. But he renege his words. He actually thought it a blessing for a brief moment to forget. He didn't ever want his lover's scold...but perhaps he can take THAT back too. The king is supposed to be patient to his queen. Always. Now I understand why my father used to ALWAYS tell me that you can never win with a woman. Men lose purposely and at times accidentally. The salt in the wound from women's "I told you so" stings like hell. It is very painful to his pride. But need to endure it separates the men from the boys for we are meant to be rocks. Stable. Tough. Long suffering. He apologizes for not being yours. "Maturely is a must" he writes in her comments section to "IT'S 10:00" [AM].

    ;)

    ReplyDelete