Sunday, December 22, 2013

Taryn and Kristen

I want to  get real personal with all of you right now. When I WAS  12 I watched Higher Learning with my  "stepmother ", "father", and brother. My brother and I were told this movie was suppose to be a "lesson". We were each given characters that represented us. I was given Taryn. At the end of this movie as some of you know ,Taryn was shot and killed . For years I was pissed off at them. This year I watch it again and realized that I was like a lot like her! Taryn was a feminist!   She ran a group at the college called SNSS ( students against a nonsexist society) . She even Kristine after she got raped!  Kristen became a better person because of her. I mean Taryn was amazing! Their intention was to offend me but instead they gave me one of the biggest compliments ever. I was just too young to understand. I wanted to say this because you can't let ANYONE break you! People are gonna say some mean, rude, stupid things to you and you have let it make you grow. You are somebody amazing! ♥♥♥




Kristen: look, um... Why don't I stay with you tonight?  We could stay up and talk...
Taryn: Are you sure you're ready for that? Don't do it. Just cause you're fascinated. I want you to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment