Monday, December 16, 2013

Being Female: A sequel to "Being Teen"

Okay

Okay . Being female just like Being Teen, is completely involuntary,   you have no choice. I personally enjoy all the superficial things about being female. I like wearing heels, wearing makeup, dresses, painting my nails, and long hair. It’s nice, plus if I was a male I would get ridiculed and judged. Also as a female I get away with a lot because of the innocence that comes with my gender. I quickly learned that when I would visit my father and four brothers, I was the only girl. Although being a female has its perks it has its major downfalls. I'm always pressured to look my best (even when I don't want to.

You have to be appropriate at all times and will always be told to act more  “ladylike “. The attention from boys can often be annoying. Boys will catcall you, boys will try to touch you (without your permission)””, and boys will revolve around your friend's family's lives. You will often feel like a prize to be won. I'm personally 50\50 on the issue. I honestly like myself the way I am (minus the periods, the staring at my breasts and the obligation to be more ladylike. Being female is a chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment