Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Ebonni Problem

When I was fifteen years old I was diagnosed with Major Depression. At the time it was a relief ,every doctor was quick to put a name on my problem. ADHD, Bipolar, and IED just to name a few. They were completely wrong even at the time even I knew that! Instead I had the more believable titles, anxiety and insomnia. I was completely okay with them. They're normal psych problems (if that makes any sense) . I was open about them. Everyone gets a little sad,anxious and restless sometimes. Although I was open about them I mostly kept the secret that I suffered from depression.People see me in a certain way. I'm usually running around laughing and making jokes all the time. Me with depression? Hardly. Inside I was truly suffering though,what they saw was lots and lots of suppressed emotion. I wouldn't blame them if they didn't believe me, it was the way I dealt with things. One time I tried to tell a friend and they started to laugh,it broke my heart. I hoped desperately for a change and there will be one. For now though, I've got to find out some ways to deal with my emotions. I'm going to get better for sure I know it. "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment